BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
October 15, 2015
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Board vice-chair Warren called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
Trustees present: Carole Olson, Rick Fuhrman and Warren Neyenhuis. Nikki McConnell and Bruce Weide were absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Carole made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Rick seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Rick moved to approve the October claims as presented, Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
Rick, Warren and Mark had a finance committee meeting to discuss the month’s expenses on October 15th at 8:30 a.m. and to review the claims for approval. During the meeting the cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year to date were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in September. The director also discussed concrete repair work at the library, scheduling a mold inspection for the library, and the establishment of a reserve fund for the library.
The lift project and covering of the current ramp were discussed; progress has been made in regard to vendor selection and gathering of estimates for construction. Discussion will continue at a future meeting when all board members are present.
Rick made a motion to select Jennifer Cote & Associates, CPA, LLC, to perform the FY14-15 audit of the library’s finances. Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
Volunteer Holiday Party (Early Closing of the Library on December 7th)
Rick made a motion to close to the library at 5 p.m. on Monday, December 7th. Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for November 19, 2015 at 9 a.m. Meeting adjourned by vice chair Warren.