• Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Trustees present: Carole Olson, Warren Neyenhuis, Bruce Weide, Rick Fuhrman
Staff present: Nansu Roddy, Adult Services Librarian.
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda. Approved.
• Public comment: David Schlechten, Architect, presented 3 plans for the Lift project: The Demolition Plan Layout, the Foundation Plan, and the Plan Layout. After discussion it was suggested that Dave contact Nick Spencer for estimates on building. Items for Dave to research are: having an operator switch inside the lift, power outlets on proposed patio, moveable furniture versus permanent, low impact lighting (LED or halogen), sensor lighting, and heated stairs to prevent snow accumulation. The unknown of the demolishion is the character of the walls surrounding the handicap ramp. Dave presented engraved bricks as an idea for a fundraiser for the project. The bricks would be layed on the patio floor in stages. There was discussion regarding the Fall Fund Drive and how this could be incorporated.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION)
Carol moved to approve the minutes of the June 19th meeting. Approved.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Carol moved to approve the July claims as presented. Approved.
• Financial. Nansu went over the reports from the City for June 2014.
• Trustee. Bruce suggested that Trustees spend more time in the library observing and inquiring. The Board would like to invite the Foundation Treasurer and Chair to the September board meeting to educate them about the Foundation finances. The Board would like to invite the Friends of the Library Treasurer and President to come to their October meeting to discuss their finances and mission .Carol will call Joni and Fritz and invite them to the September meeting when the new Director will be in place.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:25 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:25 AM
• Director Selection (ACTION)
Warren moved to offer the Director position to Renee Vaillancourt McGrath. Approved
• The next regular meeting will be Thursday August 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.