OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Vice- Chair Warren Neyenhuis called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Carole Olson, Rick Fuhrman and Warren Neyenhuis. Bruce Weide was absent. Carole Olson left prior to the discussion of new business but a quorum remained for the duration of the meeting.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. Rick Fuhrman made the motion to adopt the agenda, approved unanimously. The agenda was adopted as presented to the board.
• Public Comment: Fritz Tossberg, Joni Lodmell and Paul Stone presented on behalf of the Bitterroot Public Library Foundation. Background information on the foundation was provided to the board and questions about its finances, accounts and contributions to the library were answered. Rick Fuhrman made a motion to invite the Bitterroot Public Library Foundation to attend a library board meeting approximately every six months, Carole Olson seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki McConnell made a motion to accept the minutes of the previous meeting, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Rick Fuhrman moved to approve the January claims as presented, approved unanimously.
Rick, Warren and Mark had a finance committee meeting to discuss the month’s expenses on February 19th at 8:30 a.m. and to review the revenue, expenditure and trial balance reports. No pressing financial concerns were noted.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in January and noted that a board member training would be conducted by Pam Henley, statewide consulting librarian, immediately after the March board meeting. The director informed the board that he had received certification by the Montana State Library and was continuing to research website developers and options, including customizing the Enterprise catalog to be the library’s website as several other libraries have done. The board was also informed that a billing issue with TempRight had been resolved and that iPads purchased through the Annie MacLay Leffingwell Foundation had been purchased and would be put to use in the library in the near future.
• Fund Drive
The fund drive has raised approximately $26,635 to date.
Nikki requested the agenda be e-mailed to trustees prior to the meeting. The director stated he would do so for future meetings.
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
• Reimbursement of Trustee
Rick Fuhrman made a motion to reimburse trustee Warren Neyenhuis for a library-related expense, Nikki McConnell seconded the motion. Approved unanimously.
• Review of Budget Categories and Revenue
The director reviewed the various revenue sources (mil levied on property taxes within the library district, Tamarack Federation funds, county contribution, library assessed fines and fees, and interest earnings) and answered questions from the board.
• Emergency Procedures Policy Revision
The current policy was reviewed and the director recommended separating workplace injury reports from general incident reports. Nikki McConnell made a motion to approve this policy revision, Rick Fuhrman seconded the motion. Approved unanimously.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for March 19, 2015 at 9 a.m. Meeting adjourned.