OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Vice-chair Warren called the meeting to order at 9:12 a.m.
Trustees present: Carole Olson, Rick Fuhrman and Warren Neyenhuis.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. Carole Olson made the motion to adopt the agenda, Rick Fuhrman seconded the motion. Approved.
The agenda was adopted as presented to the board.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Rick Fuhrman made a motion to accept the minutes of the previous meeting, Carole Olson seconded the motion. Approved.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Rick Fuhrman moved to approve the December claims as presented, Carole Olson seconded the motion. Approved.
Rick, Warren and Mark had a finance committee meeting to discuss the month’s expenses on December 18 at 8:30 a.m. The accounting and record keeping procedures were discussed and options for streamlining the process in the future to eliminate unnecessary redundancies and minimize opportunities for clerical errors were also discussed.
The holiday party went well, it was noted that in the future the party will begin at 5:30 p.m. and that members of the Friends of the Library will be formally invited. A restraining order affecting a library employee was approved for another five years. Financial procedures were discussed and the director outlined conversations had with Craig, City of Hamilton Finance Officer, regarding ways for the library to have access to city financial reports via read-only software in addition to the printed paper reports. The director discussed his first two weeks at the library. The director is in the initial phases of gathering information about how to proceed regarding a new website. Basic maintenance issues were also noted.
• Fund Drive
The fund drive has raised $13,750 to date.
Rick commented on how well the holiday party went and Carole updated the board about the Library Foundation and its upcoming fundraising dinner in February.
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
• Anniversary salary increase for employee.
The scheduled salary increase accompanying a 5-year anniversary for an employee was approved. Rick Fuhrman made the motion to approve, Carole Olson seconded the motion. Approved.
• Revised Annual Financial Report
The Annual Financial Report needed revision due to a discrepancy between the ending Fiscal Year 2013 balance and the beginning Fiscal Year 2014 balance. Craig revised the document using the financial records of the city and provided the revised copy to the board for their approval. Rick Fuhrman made a motion to approve the revised Annual Financial Report, Carole Olson seconded the motion. Approved.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for January 29, 2015 at 9 a.m.