• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the minutes of the June 2013 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Carole moved to approve the July claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City June Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Director. We had a volunteer meeting in June. Trista took a webinar on the impacts of the Healthcare reform law. The Summer Reading Program is in full swing. Trista will be traveling to Helena to attend a conference.
• Trustees. Bob discussed the “Douglas County model” of ebook management and how the landscape in ebooks is changing rapidly. He also stated that he would be stepping down as board chair.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Personnel Policy. Tabled until next meeting.
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Officer Nominations and Elections. Warren nominated Bruce as chair of the board and he was approved unanimously. Warren accepted the position of vice-chair, which also passed unanimously.
• The next regular meeting will be August 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.