• Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:07 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Niki McConnell, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bob moved to approve the minutes of the August 2013 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Niki moved to approve the September claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City August Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. Carole reported on a recent Foundation meeting where they discussed updating their brochure and helping out with the Fund Drive.
• Director. Trista talked about upcoming conferences, the library projects she is working on, Montana Library Week, Nansu’s talk to the Council on Aging, Fall Fund drive and the upcoming Book Sale.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Personnel Policy. Bob moved to approve the Personnel Policy with an addition of a statement about a six month probationary period. Approved unanimously.
• Budget Amendment. Trista discussed a move of one account from the operating budget into the grants and donations budget. Warren moved to approved the amended budget. Approved unanimously.
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Holiday Hours. Trista asked that the board close the library at 3 on November 27th, December 25th and December 31st and at 5 on December 2nd. Niki moved to approve the holiday hours. Approved unanimously.
• The next regular meeting will be Thursday October 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.